The People’s Petition for Freedom, Justice and Development party was created by the independent political writer and media figure, Mohamed Hechmi Hamdi on March 17, 2011.
Mohamed Hechmi Hamdi was born in the province of Sidi Bouzid in central Tunisia. He received his BA in Arabic Language and Literature from the Faculty of Arts, University of Tunis in 1985. Subsequently, he completed his postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and obtained a master’s degree in 1990 with a specialization in Arab Literature, History and Contemporary Islamic Studies. In 1996, he earned his PhD from the Department of Middle Eastern Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, with a degree in Contemporary Islamic Studies. While he was in London, he founded two channels — the Independent TV Channel and the Democratic Channel. They were founded in 1999 and 2005, respectively.
The People’s Petition party includes three broad popular ideas and key demands: the formation of a democratic constitution, the adoption of a system of free health care, and the dispensation of grants to the unemployed.
Hamdi declared in a number of interviews that the party seeks to win a majority in the elections, and in the case that the list receives the majority of Tunisians’ votes, it is prepared to lead the country and to form a competent national government ready to implement the party’s program.
The People’s Petition for Freedom, Justice and Development party claims to be a major contributor to the service of Tunisia, as well as to have broad popular support.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Élections Tunisie 2011: Après la moitié du décompte, les Islamistes détiennent une large avance | Le Prince Arthur | 02 August 2013
- Élections Tunisie 2011: Qui dirige? Le chef ou les têtes de liste? | Le Prince Arthur | 02 August 2013
- Vehicle Shipping | 30 November 2011
- archery accessories | 28 November 2011
- Buy Guaranteed Facebook Fans | 28 November 2011
- manfaat gelombang elektromagnetik | 28 November 2011
- visit this site | 27 November 2011
- thermal imag | 26 November 2011
- whole house water filtration system | 26 November 2011
- riflescopes | 26 November 2011
- preparedness | 25 November 2011
- Romulan Ale | 25 November 2011
- Free Membership | 25 November 2011
- How To Stop A Toothache | 25 November 2011
- slbkp | 24 November 2011
- best pre workout supplement | 23 November 2011
- American Antigravity | 22 November 2011
- top pre workout supplements | 20 November 2011
- Bloggstep | 19 November 2011
- Ongoing Negotiations Between Ennahda, CPR and Ettakatol : Tunisia Live | 13 November 2011
- Ongoing Negotiations Between CPR, Ettakatol And Ennahda : Tunisia Live | 13 November 2011
- BREAKING: Wave of Resignations Shakes Aridha Chaabia : Tunisia Live | 12 November 2011
- Tunisia: Unrest Surfaces Amid Election Irregularities | Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED) | 28 October 2011
- La revolution est morte, vive la revolution! « mediaoriente | 28 October 2011
- Aridha Chaabia Withdrawing From The Constituent Assembly : Tunisia Live | 27 October 2011
- Tunisian Elections – Live Updates – RESULTS : Tunisia Live | 26 October 2011
- Tunisian Elections – Live Updates – RESULTS : Tunisia Live | 25 October 2011