Breaking news – Three soldiers have been killed and several more injured following what early reports suggest was a mine explosion targeting their patrol in Jebel Semmama (Kasserine), Mosaique FM report.
A search operation is currently underway in the region, according to correspondent for Radio Express FM, Fadoua Guermazi.
Four days ago, TAP reported units of the National were conducting similar search operations in Touiref, within the Kef Governorate, as announced by the Spokesperson for the National Defence Ministry, Colonel-major Belhassen Oueslati.
Oueslati said a mine explosion on Wednesday injured one soldier while carrying out search operations, which recovered various materials from a suspected militant camp. “The same day, the national army units succeeded in defusing another mine,” he said.
A national army and national guard joint patrol was launched on the 22nd of August in the Sakrouna region, also within the Kef Governorate, where 33 7.62 mm cartridges were seized along with further material for constructing mines.
According to the Ministry of Defense, the Sakrouna site had been abandoned following a military offensive launched in the area on July 12.