Here’s a quick Tunisian recipe for a protein and vitamin boost.
1. Heat a little olive oil spread in a large pan.
2. Chop some garlic and let it fry at medium temperature,until it goes golden brown – don’t let it burn.
3. Add some red and green peppers and cook, stirring for about 10 minutes.
4. Chop and add in some tomatoes and harrisa – a spicy red sauce, you can find it in markets or learn how to make it here.
5. Stir in and leave to boil gently for around 10 more minutes.
6. If the sauce dries out, add some water.
7. Make some space in the sauce to fit the eggs or/and Merguez, (sausages), and carefully crack in one each, making sure you leave the yolk intact.
8. Cover the pan lowering the heat, to avoid burning the ensemble.
9. Wait until the eggs are cooked through.
10. Now serve with some crispy french baguette bread.
… And your plate is ready.